Are you someone who lives and breathes sales? A persuasive communicator with the drive to passionately inform businesses of the greatness of the products you represent? And ambitious enough to know your own personal development is limitless? If so, your next professional milestone could be with us at Soap Media.
We’re on the hunt for a Business Development Manager who is determined to continue their trajectory with one of the best agencies in the world. You’ll be helping spread the word about our ‘suds’ productised offering to small and medium-sized businesses. Suds is a groundbreaking bespoke website build service that can provide a top tier, curated, copywritten website in a few weeks, an agency standard site for a fraction of the cost. In this business development manager role, you’ll be charged with the responsibility of ensuring hundreds of businesses benefit from this powerful lead generation tool and game-changing service.
Our ideal candidate will have undoubted prowess in B2B business development, outreach and sale generations (ideally web sales) with demonstrable success in convincing businesses of the merits of a product or service. We passionately believe in the strength of our offering, and we’ll expect you to convey this passion alongside the undoubted merits of the service.
You’ll be joining a team that consistently wins awards and delivers eye-catching results. Our most recent accolade saw us crowned as the ‘Best Digital Agency in the UK for Client Satisfaction’ by leading marketing authority The Drum. This follows four consecutive years of recognition as a leading global agency by Clutch, a hugely respected “Trustpilot for agencies”. As we move forward, regular award wins, and nominations are very much at the forefront of our thinking, so you’ll be involved in campaigns where your direct involvement will secure accolades. The successful candidate will need to be hungry for success and determined to win.
- Represent the Soap brand and convey our USP’s in line with our values and award-winning reputation.
- Generate inbound leads through networking, business contacts and attending events, and digital channels like; LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter etc.
- Proactively nurture allocated prospects and your existing network of contacts.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of the CRM system.
- Regular pipeline reporting to the Managing Director.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and our positioning.
- Strong pitching ability – you will enjoy communicating your ideas to clients, winning their buy-in, then getting your vision across to ensure successful delivery.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years + B2B sales experience, ideally web sales
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage projects.
- Strong organisational, time management and planning skills.
- Passionate, energetic, and proactive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic and creative with the ability to think out the box. We celebrate and nurture innovation at Soap, and we’ll want to know how you have demonstrated this in your career to date.
- Self-starter who is adept at working autonomously or as part of a collaborative cross-channel team project.
Why Choose Soap Media?
- Develop your career with one of the UK’s leading digital agencies, recently named the best in the UK at Maintaining Client Satisfaction by The Drum.
- Work with some of the world’s biggest brands and be involved with bleeding-edge learning that brings results.
- Develop your skillset in a challenging and rewarding environment with R&D time and personal development time.
- Budget towards books, training and personal development.
- Regular wellbeing and mental health support. Recent examples being the purchase of an office plant, branded journal and parker pen for all staff.
- Untapped scope for growth – we regularly promote from within, and you will have the opportunity to develop new skills across the business.
- Competitive salary.
- Work in a friendly atmosphere where our team of experts are always ready to help.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Although the role is currently remote, you will have the opportunity to work in a grade A studio environment located in the heart of Preston city centre in a recently refurbished three-storey print house.
Join the Family
Whether you’re looking to develop your career in digital, searching for a new challenge, or simply want to work for one of the UK’s leading agencies, Soap would love to hear from you.
- 1Hear Our StoryFind out what makes us tick, and see how our teams work together harmoniously to deliver fantastic results for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- 2Showcase Your SkillsTell us all about your skills and bring your talents to the fore. We’re constantly looking to the future, so if you’ve got some cutting-edge attributes then we’re all ears.
- 3Seize Your OpportunityWant to join the Soap family and benefit from unique training opportunities, employee perks and a competitive salary? Speak with us today.