Founded in 2005, Soap Media is an integrated digital marketing agency with a 13 year heritage in search marketing and web design. We’re looking for a creative individual for a Digital Marketing Apprenticeship in Preston to join our talented team.
With offices located in Preston and Manchester, our agency specialises in analytics and insight, organic and paid search, display advertising, conversion rate optimisation, social media, content marketing, and web design and development.
We work with brands including Money Supermarket, Redrow Homes and The AA, as well as many smaller category leaders across various sectors, including automotive, retail, travel, and finance. We are a Google AdWords and Bing Certified Partner, as were one of twenty agencies in the UK chosen to take part in the Google Elevator programme.
Are you hardworking and passionate about online marketing? Do you love the idea of joining some of the brightest minds in digital? Are you interested in furthering your career prospects? The people are the most important part of Soap Media, so we invest in their ongoing learning and professional development. This year, we are pleased to be in a position to offer an exciting opportunity to a limited number of lucky candidates. If you are successful, you will gain experience in three key areas of digital marketing.
The apprenticeship will involve 4 days per week at work, with 1 day per week spent training under the guidance of digital marketing specialists at UCLAN University. Upon completion you’ll have a BA (Hons) Digital Marketing.
Our recently renovated office is fully equipped with the latest industry-standard software, including Adobe Creative Suite. This apprenticeship offers apprentices the chance to have a paid job within an exciting company, whilst receiving expert training and gaining a qualification.
Areas of focus
Discover how to devise and implement PPC/Display/Social strategies across a variation of client accounts and learn how to manage the campaigns in accordance with these strategies. Assist in carrying out technical ad changes, analysing and drawing insight from third party analytics data.
Technical SEO (search engine optimisation)
Gain valuable insight into the workings of SEO campaigns across a range of websites. Assist in carrying out ‘hands on’ on-site and technical changes, analysing and drawing insight from third party analytics data and conducting basic technical research. Discover how a truly integrated search campaign can maximise results for clients.
Assist with the implementation of integrated inbound marketing campaigns across a number of client accounts as well as Soap Media itself and learn about efficient day to day management of client accounts including carrying out some ‘hands on’ elements such as content creation and optimisation. Work with the different departments to coordinate campaign and account activity
What we’re looking for
- Numerate – good with numbers and arithmetic
- Analytical – methodical and analytical in thinking
- Good written English
- Some knowledge of paid search and general marketing objectives
- Good commercial acumen
- Good working knowledge of social media networks
- Knowledge of Facebook advertising products would be beneficial
- Good problem solver
- Confident and articulate
- Someone who is keen to learn, ask questions and wants to be involved – bright and inquisitive with a hunger for learning
- Good problem solver – can connect the dots between elements and derive a conclusion
- Organised and ethical
- Qualifications needed
- You’ll need grade A*- C GCSEs (or Level 2 Functional Skills) in English, Maths, and IT
- 112 points at A2 – General Studies accepted
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Diploma: Distinction*Distinction*
- Pass Access To HE with 30 Level 3 Credits at Distinction
- International Baccalaureate: 28P
- IELTS: 6.0 with no sub-score lower than 5.5
- GCSE: Maths and English grade C or equivalent
Applications from candidates with non-standard qualifications, eg. relevant work experience and/or formal qualifications from other subject areas, will be considered on a case by case basis.
Applications will formally open in June 2018
In the meantime, please submit your CV and a covering email to email@example.com
Interviews will take place at 46 Glovers Court, Preston. There will be a written assessment to complete as part of the interview process.