Have you got an incredible creative eye? Are you an ambitious Graphic Designer looking to join a progressive, fast-paced agency with excellent benefits and a clear career progression? If so, then we have the next stage of your developmental journey.
We’re on the hunt for a talented designer who’s ready to level up and join our team. Working closely with our head of design, you will be afforded the freedom and scope to utilise your creative skills to produce stunning visual work for both our stellar portfolio of clients and our internal agency brand. We are very much looking for someone to stand on their own feet but who will value input and guidance from their peers.
Applicants will need at least two years experience, either working within an agency or client-side, and have demonstrable success in thriving under pressure. Each day at Soap will bring new and unique challenges. Therefore, this varied role is suited to an individual who loves all aspects of design, can balance working across multiple projects at any time, and revels in working on creative projects from concept to completion.
You’ll be joining a team that consistently wins awards and delivers eye-catching work. Our most recent accolade saw us named as the best digital agency in the UK for client satisfaction by leading marketing authority The Drum. This follows four consecutive years of recognition as a leading global agency by Clutch, a hugely respected Trustpilot for business. The successful applicant will be encouraged to enter their own work for further awards, and we’re looking for a designer talented and hungry enough to win them.
We don’t refer to the people we work with as clients; they’re our partners. This philosophy of trust, collaboration, and dedication has been crucial in our success, and we’re looking for a talented designer to help us maintain our position in the elite. So you’ll form part of a tight-knit team and develop strong relationships to help you power forward. The work may be remote at the minute, but there will be extensive opportunities for social interaction, so you’ll be someone who loves communicating and thrives in an open environment.
Working for Soap can be demanding, but it’s also fun and hugely rewarding. It’s pivotal you enjoy this way of working and, in return, we’ll provide you with the environment and support to soar in your role. Our culture is focused on honesty, recognition and commitment to getting the very best both for and from our employees. We regularly promote from within, and this is an opportunity for you to develop your design skills to the fullest of your potential, in a position where you can add real value.
As you’d expect in the current climate, the role is currently remote. We are open to that continuing once the world returns to normal, but you will need to be available for occasional travel to our city-centre office in Preston (5 minutes walk from Preston train station and 10 minutes off the M6).
- Producing work for a varied portfolio of clients, owning design projects from brief through to final execution.
- Managing creative projects, ensuring brand standards & guidelines are met.
- Generating fresh concepts and providing recommendations on how best to approach design projects.
- Creative website design and landing pages in line with UI/UX best practises.
- Designing for projects including print and digital advertising/marketing campaigns, email banners, infographics, social media posts, collateral and POS. Experience in video (GIFs, short video content and motion graphics) would be very desirable but not essential.
- Brand building and development; you will help to conceptualise new brands and evolve our existing ones. This will include creating brand guidelines, new brand assets such as logos, choosing font pairings and developing colour palettes.
- Liaise with designers, developers and the wider creative team to execute concepts.
- Create and present mood boards and concepts.
- Sourcing photography from paid and free image libraries, where required.
- Lead the way for design standards; implement new ideas, bring specialist skills and develop the quality of all creative output.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience and your creativity across a variety of projects and outputs.
- A genuine love for your craft and a desire to deliver high-quality output.
- Able to work accurately and effectively, demonstrating excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Strong conceptual design skills and the ability to take direction well and understand requirements.
- Formal design training and 2+ years of proven creative design work experience.
- Experience delivering creative solutions for a range of businesses and industries.
- Exceptional UI/UX knowledge and skill to deliver high-quality solutions across all platforms.
- Strong communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs with clients, and communicate with internal and external team members.
- Able to work independently and use creative thinking to solve problems.
- Software experience of: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Zeplin and InVision.
- Impeccable eye for detail and expertise in layout, typography and imagery.
- A broad understanding of design techniques, best practice, and limitations.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of working with a marketing/digital agency.
- Software experience of: Adobe After Effects, Premiere and XD. Google Web Developer.
- Motion graphics and 3D illustration/ modelling.
Why Choose Soap Media?
- Develop your career with one of the UK’s leading digital agencies.
- Work with some of the worlds biggest brands and be involved with bleeding-edge learning that brings results.
- Develop your skillset in a challenging and rewarding environment with R&D time and personal development time.
- Budget towards books, training and personal development.
- Regular wellbeing and mental health support. Recent examples being the purchase of an office plant, branded journal and parker pen for all staff.
- Untapped scope for growth – we regularly promote from within, and you will have the opportunity to develop new skills across the business.
- Competitive salary.
- Work in a friendly atmosphere where our team of experts are always ready to help.
- Beer Fridays (once we’re back in the office).
- Social events such as bowling, go-karting, and paintballing – all the good stuff.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Although the role is currently remote, you will have the opportunity to work in a grade A studio environment located in the heart of Preston city centre in a recently refurbished three-storey print house.
Join the Family
Whether you’re looking to develop your career in digital, searching for a new challenge, or simply want to work for one of the UK’s leading agencies, Soap would love to hear from you.
- 1Hear Our StoryFind out what makes us tick, and see how our teams work together harmoniously to deliver fantastic results for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- 2Showcase Your SkillsTell us all about your skills and bring your talents to the fore. We’re constantly looking to the future, so if you’ve got some cutting-edge attributes then we’re all ears.
- 3Seize Your OpportunityWant to join the Soap family and benefit from unique training opportunities, employee perks and a competitive salary? Speak with us today.
We are commited to protecting your personal information