Are you someone who finds creative solutions to challenges? A fantastic communicator with the numerical savvy to uncover the insights locked behind facts and figures? And equipped with the emotional intelligence to understand what all this data teaches us around human needs and desires? If so, the next professional milestone awaiting you could be with us at Soap Media.
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Paid Media Manager, a talented marketer making waves at the start of their career and determined to continue their development with one of the best agencies in the world. You’ll know that the possibilities for helping businesses get closer to their customers are endless, and be eager to facilitate this communication across various platforms, including Google, Facebook, Instagram and much more.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated their understanding in the field so far but is looking for the next challenge, wanting to continue to up their game. We’ll provide the platform for you to do that, working with our experienced paid media experts day in and day out alongside the wider marketing team and in the thick of it with our partners. You’ll have a keen understanding of data alongside the empathetic awareness to look beyond the numbers and deliver humanistic results.
You’ll be joining a team that consistently wins awards and delivers eye-catching results. Our most recent accolade saw us crowned as the ‘Best Digital Agency in the UK for Client Satisfaction’ by leading marketing authority The Drum. This follows four consecutive years of recognition as a leading global agency by Clutch, a hugely respected “Trustpilot for agencies”. As we move forward, regular award wins and nominations are very much at the forefront of our thinking, so you’ll be involved in campaigns where your direct involvement will secure accolades. The successful candidate will need to be hungry for success and determined to win.
We don’t refer to the people we work with as clients; they’re our partners. This philosophy of trust, collaboration, and dedication has been crucial in our success, and we need an ambitious individual to help us maintain our position in the elite. You’ll form part of a tight-knit team and develop strong relationships to help you power forward. The work may be remote at the minute, but there will be extensive opportunities for social interaction, so you’ll be someone who loves communicating and thrives in an open environment.
Working for Soap can be demanding, but it’s also fun and hugely rewarding. Particularly in this role, where you’ll be learning from and trained by some of the UK’s most talented professionals. It’s pivotal you enjoy this way of operating, and, in return, we’ll provide you with the environment and support to soar in your role. We focus our culture on honesty, recognition and commitment to getting the very best for and from our employees. We regularly promote from within, and this is an opportunity for you to develop your skills to the fullest of your potential in a position where you can add real value.
As you’d expect in the current climate, the role is currently remote. We are open to this continuing once the world returns to normal, but you will need to be available for occasional travel to our city-centre office in Preston (five minutes walk from Preston train station and 10 minutes off the M6).
- Plan, develop, implement, track and optimise paid marketing campaigns and channels.
- Work towards partner KPIs to help ensure growth through regular reviews & optimisations.
- Work with the marketing team to deliver creative solutions to drive prospecting.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimise account spend and performance based on the insight data.
- Collaborate with internal teams to enhance campaigns and deliver more optimised performance results.
- Generate new paid search campaigns, ad groups, and accounts and create new paid search marketing initiatives.
- Communicate to management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Generate weekly and monthly reporting for all primary metrics, goal tracking, revenue tracking, and other paid search initiatives.
- Maintain excellent working relations with key departments and managers to ensure communication is well delivered throughout.
- Maintain excellent working relations with key third-party platform suppliers.
- Develop high-level knowledge of PPC industry trends and developments. Develop and implement new PPC strategies as the industry/market changes.
- Conduct ongoing competitor, industry and keyword research to develop campaigns and testing of tactics.
- Create ad content that’s on-brand, error-free and in the correct tone of voice.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally, a year of experience managing paid media accounts, either client or agency side.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage projects.
- Strong organisational, time management and planning skills.
- Passionate, energetic, and proactive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to fully utilise and manipulate large data sets in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Strategic and creative with the ability to think out the box. We celebrate and nurture innovation at Soap and we’ll want to know how you have demonstrated this in your career to date.
- Self-starter who is adept at working autonomously or as part of a collaborative cross-channel team project.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in a business or marketing-related subject (this includes third-year candidates ready to graduate).
- Current Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising Certified Professional qualifications.
Why Choose Soap Media?
- Develop your career with one of the UK’s leading digital agencies, recently named the best in the UK at Maintaining Client Satisfaction by The Drum.
- Work with some of the world’s biggest brands and be involved with bleeding-edge learning that brings results.
- Develop your skillset in a challenging and rewarding environment with R&D time and personal development time.
- Budget towards books, training and personal development.
- Regular wellbeing and mental health support. Recent examples being the purchase of an office plant, branded journal and parker pen for all staff.
- Untapped scope for growth – we regularly promote from within, and you will have the opportunity to develop new skills across the business.
- Competitive salary.
- Work in a friendly atmosphere where our team of experts are always ready to help.
- Beer Fridays.
- Social events such as bowling, go-karting, and paintballing – all the good stuff.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Although the role is currently remote, you will have the opportunity to work in a grade A studio environment located in the heart of Preston city centre in a recently refurbished three-storey print house.
Join the Family
Whether you’re looking to develop your career in digital, searching for a new challenge, or simply want to work for one of the UK’s leading agencies, Soap would love to hear from you.
- 1Hear Our StoryFind out what makes us tick, and see how our teams work together harmoniously to deliver fantastic results for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- 2Showcase Your SkillsTell us all about your skills and bring your talents to the fore. We’re constantly looking to the future, so if you’ve got some cutting-edge attributes then we’re all ears.
- 3Seize Your OpportunityWant to join the Soap family and benefit from unique training opportunities, employee perks and a competitive salary? Speak with us today.