Join our family!
Do you possess flawless organisational skills? Can you orchestrate the efforts of a wide range of talents whilst keeping multiple clients happy? If you’re a master at managing multiple projects and finding creative solutions to difficult problems, all whilst balancing budgets and delivering to deadlines, then we have an incredible opportunity for you.
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Project Manager. Someone who can effortlessly combine commercial understanding, common sense and the communications prowess to keep our talented team delivering for our successful clients. Desirably you’ll have at least 2 years experience of overseeing digital marketing and development projects, directly liaising with clients and working alongside a multi-faceted team. Each day will bring new and unique challenges, as you help us to build websites, manage paid media campaigns, create compelling copy and deliver the ultimate end-to-end user journey experience for a broad portfolio of digital partners.
You’ll be reporting to our Operations Director and Partnerships Director, organising a passionate and committed team to ensure their busy schedules are fully optimised. The position demands someone who can thrive when coordinating the efforts of their wide-ranging talents. Our client turnover is extremely low, as we’ve delivered success by going the extra mile – we view clients more as partners, and they see us as extensions of their team, not external outsiders. The successful candidate will need to strike up instantly productive relationships and understand how we are integral to delivering their vision.
We’re a tight-knit team, so you’ll be someone who loves communicating and thrives in an open environment. Working for us can be demanding, but it’s also fun and hugely rewarding. It’s pivotal you enjoy this way of working and, in return, we’ll provide you with the environment and support to soar in your role. We’ll develop you as you develop others, in a culture focused on honesty, recognition and commitment to getting the very best for and from our employees.
As things stand, this role is remote, and we are open to that continuing once the world gets back to normal. You will need to be available for occasional travel to our city-centre office in Preston (5 minutes walk from Preston train station and 10 minutes off the M6).
- Dealing with incoming calls and emails
- Lead on internal written and verbal status communications for a range of projects.
- Schedule and attend meetings, create agendas and take minutes. Arrange, prepare for and deliver scheduled client updates.
- Identifying and mitigating project issues and risks.
- Be the main point of contact for clients. Receiving any and all queries and requests, working with the team to construct responses in a timely, effective manner.
- Develop schedules that get the best from our workforce, alongside setting and reconciliation of project budgets.
- Coordinate cross-department work within Soap Media to facilitate campaign success.
- Maintain current project status reports and lead and deliver daily internal meetings.
- Maintain fluid dialogue with senior management around the health of client relationships, including reporting on outcomes, successes and risks.
- Regular timesheet reviews and cleansing to ensure accurate logs.
- Other research and admin based tasks
Skills and Experience
- Excellent telephone manner and previous experience of client communications via telephone.
- Highly organised, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a team. You’ll be managing multiple client requirements into dissectible tasks that are allocated effectively to the right people.
- Demonstrable ability of ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the brief, and within budget.
- Proven experience creating and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
- A motivated self starter, able to work to goals, and to instil this same attitude and values in the team you work alongside.
- Passionate, energetic, and proactive attitude.
- Strategic and creative with the ability to think out the box.
- At least 2 years of agency experience leading digital marketing projects would be desirable.
- Evidence of coordinating client briefs and managing them into campaigns and activations that clients – and their customers – will love, drawing on the strengths of in-house and external teams.
- Calm and motivated people person who thrives with responsibility and always sets the example in putting clients first.
Why Choose Soap Media?
- Develop your career with one of the UK’s leading digital agencies.
- Work with some of the worlds biggest brands and be involved with bleeding-edge learning that brings results.
- Develop your skill set in a challenging and rewarding environment with R&D time and personal development time.
- Budget towards books, training and personal development.
- Regular wellbeing and mental health support. Recent examples being the purchase of an office plant, branded journal and parker pen for all staff.
- Untapped scope for growth – we regularly promote from within, and you will have the opportunity to develop new skills across the business.
- Competitive salary.
- Work in a friendly atmosphere where our team of experts are always ready to help.
- Beer Fridays.
- Social events such as bowling, go-karting, and paint balling – all the good stuff.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Although the role is currently remote, you will have the opportunity to work in a grade A studio environment located in the heart of Preston city centre in a recently refurbished three-storey print house.
Join the Family
Whether you’re looking to develop your career in digital, searching for a new challenge, or simply want to work for one of the UK’s leading agencies, Soap would love to hear from you.
- 1Hear Our StoryFind out what makes us tick, and see how our teams work together harmoniously to deliver fantastic results for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- 2Showcase Your SkillsTell us all about your skills and bring your talents to the fore. We’re constantly looking to the future, so if you’ve got some cutting-edge attributes then we’re all ears.
- 3Seize Your OpportunityWant to join the Soap family and benefit from unique training opportunities, employee perks and a competitive salary? Speak with us today.
We are commited to protecting your personal information