Are you a natural creative storyteller? Do you have a passion for film motion and animation? A designer with flair and the natural ability to understand and captivate audiences? We have an opportunity to bring your big ideas to life!
We’re on the hunt for a talented multi-disciplinary designer, specialising in motion design and animation. A creative who’s ready to level up and join a progressive, fast paced agency. You will be afforded the freedom and scope to utilise your creative skills to produce stunning visual work for both our stellar portfolio of clients and our internal agency brand.
Who you are
You are a Motion Designer with 3+ years experience in a design or production studio(s). You are a talented animator, a motion master with a passion for 2D and 3D boasting a strong, effective portfolio to demonstrate this. You delight audiences and create for the demographic, championing the brand throughout. You embrace challenges and present innovative ideas in solving problems that deliver memorable experiences and drive engagement.
Each day at Soap will bring new and unique challenges and opportunities. Therefore, this varied role is suited to an individual that loves all aspects of design, not solely motion design. A creative talent that thrives working under pressure, across multiple projects at any one time and revels in working on creative projects from concept through to completion.
What you do
These are just some of the skills we would expect from a Motion Designer. However, our minds are always open to the potential of the right candidate.
- Captivate. An excellent animator with a sense of timing, choreography and ability to perform across the production life-cycle.
- Demonstrate expertise in After Effects with good working knowledge of eg Premiere, Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator and at least fundamental C4D skills.
- Exhibit a good understanding of UI motion and UI prototypes with experience in one or several of Principle, Sketch, Lottie integration, Spark AR and Unity.
- Self manage. A visual storyteller who’s comfortable planning, storyboarding and realising films of varying duration. Understanding what makes motion design both special and meaningful.
- Give 100%. Keen to understand the wider context of each brand and how brand strategy is conveyed through all aspects of design, and keen to push the role of motion within it.
- Lead the way for design standards; implement new ideas, bring specialist skills and develop the quality of all creative output.
- Collaborate. A team player who thrives on teamwork within the creative team and across disciplines throughout all Soap’s departments.
- Love your craft with a passion to develop, learn and grow.
Working for Soap can be demanding, but it’s also fun and hugely rewarding. It’s pivotal you enjoy this way of working and, in return, we’ll provide you with the environment and support to soar in your role. Our culture is focused on honesty, recognition and commitment to getting the very best both for and from our employees.
Why Choose Soap Media?
- Develop your career with one of the UK’s leading digital agencies, recently named the best in the UK at Maintaining Client Satisfaction by The Drum.
- Work with some of the world’s biggest brands and be involved with bleeding-edge learning that brings results.
- Develop your skill set in a challenging and rewarding environment with R&D time and personal development time.
- Budget towards books, training and personal development.
- Regular wellbeing and mental health support. Recent examples being the purchase of an office plant, branded journal and parker pen for all staff.
- Untapped scope for growth – we regularly promote from within, and you will have the opportunity to develop new skills across the business.
- Competitive salary.
- Work in a friendly atmosphere where our team of experts are always ready to help.
- Beer Fridays.
- Social events such as bowling, go-karting, and paintballing – all the good stuff.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Although the role is currently remote, you will have the opportunity to work in a grade A studio environment located in the heart of Preston city centre in a recently refurbished three-storey print house.
Join the Family
Whether you’re looking to develop your career in digital, searching for a new challenge, or simply want to work for one of the UK’s leading agencies, Soap would love to hear from you.
- 1Hear Our StoryFind out what makes us tick, and see how our teams work together harmoniously to deliver fantastic results for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- 2Showcase Your SkillsTell us all about your skills and bring your talents to the fore. We’re constantly looking to the future, so if you’ve got some cutting-edge attributes then we’re all ears.
- 3Seize Your OpportunityWant to join the Soap family and benefit from unique training opportunities, employee perks and a competitive salary? Speak with us today.