As a Web Developer you’ll be working with an in-house development team in the heart of Preston city centre. You’ll work across a wide variety of client projects, from brand new website builds, supporting legacy software, and the opportunity to be involved with our other innovative development projects.
Whilst writing clean and well-designed code, you’ll work alongside our friendly web team, working on an array of interesting projects from bespoke WordPress, Symphony and Laravel applications to PWA apps (like our website).
- At least a year’s experience as a PHP web developer
- Experience with OOP style of programming
- Clean and well-structured code, following standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of API integration
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Eager to develop your experience, skills, and career with our agency
- Knowledge of source code management: Git, GitHub, Bitbucket or similar.
- Worked in an Agency
- Experience with open source software like WordPress or similar
- Good understanding of predictable state containers such us Redux
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Experience with Jira/Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of source code management tools: SVN, Git etc.
- Ability to work within a busy team and contribute ideas when necessary.
Why Choose Soap Media?
- Competitive salary and structured career development plan
- Employee pension scheme
- Employee perk and benefits scheme
- Work with some of the UK’s biggest brands and be involved with bleeding edge learning that brings
- Develop your skill set in a challenging and rewarding environment with R&D time and personal development time
- Budget towards books, training and personal development
- Work in a friendly atmosphere where our team of experts is always ready to help
- Social events such as bowling, go-karting, and paintballing – the usual sort of stuff
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully stocked fridge, beers, hot drinks and filtered water.
- Work in a Grade-A studio environment located in the heart of Preston city centre.